Welcome to the Social Community Rules page for UP in BCP – we’re glad you are here.
Our social media pages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter provide a place to discuss all the areas of how we help the young people across Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole.
The following guidelines are designed to help provide a quality environment for our fans and followers. Please take a minute to read them and keep them in mind whenever you participate.
Whilst we are excited to hear from everyone, it is important to note that postings by fans to the UP Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page do not reflect the opinions of the UP team, nor does Up team confirm their accuracy.
We understand that issues young people are facing are a subject many of you are passionate about – a passion we share. We welcome all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback. We don’t take decisions on moderating posts and tweets lightly. But we do expect that participants post content and commentary that is both relevant and respectful to our social media community as a whole.
The UP team reserves the right to remove any posts or tweets that don’t adhere to our guidelines and to block anyone who violates them repeatedly.
Specifically, we do not tolerate these kinds of posts:
- Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- Fraudulent, deceptive, – misleading or unlawful
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Spamming in any form
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
If you have a specific complaint or issue, we recommend emailing UPinBCP@bcpcouncil.gov.uk for the fastest path to resolution.